SBM Offshore Signs Contract for Supply of Turret for Ichthys FPSO
SBM Offshore has been awarded a contract by the Ichthys LNG Project for the engineering, procurement, fabrication and supply of a Turret and Mooring system. This system will be integrated by the client into the Ichthys FPSO and installed offshore NW Australia. The contract also includes assistance during the integration of the Turret into the FPSO as well as during installation on the field offshore. The value of this order is around US$ 0.5 billion. Large complex turret mooring systems for new-build FPSOs are one of the core products of the Company.
Installation of the Turret and Mooring system in the field is anticipated in mid 2015.
The Ichthys LNG Project's FPSO, a new build 335 meter-long vessel, will be moored in water depths of 250 metres and located in the Browse Basin, off the north-west coast of Western Australia, 820 kilometres south-west of Darwin.
Approximate dimensions of the Turret: diameter 20 meters; height 65 metres and weight 7,000 tons.
The Turret can accommodate up to 15 risers and will be designed for 40 years of operation without being disconnected.
The Ichthys LNG Project is a joint venture between INPEX (76%, the operator) and Total (24%). Gas from the Ichthys Field, in the Browse Basin approximately 200 kilometres offshore of Western Australia, will undergo preliminary processing offshore to remove water and extract condensate. The gas will then be exported to onshore processing facilities in Darwin via an 889 kilometre subsea pipeline. The Ichthys Project is expected to produce 8.4 million tonnes of LNG and 1.6 million tonnes of LPG per annum, along with approximately 80,000 barrels of condensate per day at peak.
SBM Offshore N.V.
a Dutch public company, is the holding company of a group of international, marine technology orientated companies. Its business is to serve on a global basis the offshore oil and gas industry by supplying engineered products, vessels and systems, and offshore oil and gas production services.
The product line comprises:
- Offshore import/export terminals for crude oil, refined products, LPG and LNG, mostly based on the single point mooring principle, Floating Production and/or Storage and Offloading systems (FSOs and FPSOs) and other floating production facilities based on ship hulls, semi-submersibles and Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs);
- Offshore oil and gas production services through the leasing of integrated production and storage facilities owned and operated by the Company;
- Design, construction and supply of semi-submersible drilling platforms;
- Special designs and engineering services and delivery of specific hardware components for dynamically positioned drillships, semi-submersible drilling platforms, jack-up drilling platforms, jack-up platforms for civil construction, large capacity offshore cranes, elevating and lifting systems, crane vessels and other specialised work vessels;
- Offshore construction and installation contracting services.
Find out more about:
SBM Offshore N.V. »
Search for more News